It was one of those mornings. You have 1000 things to do and you’ve already woken up late. You skip the shower and swap for dry shampoo. Your makeup routine becomes nonexistent, and coffee becomes breakfast.
This morning that was me. My alarm went off at 7:45- and I decided to spend 25 extra minutes in bed. Almost every morning, I get lost on Instagram, checking my blog stats, updating my email, and watching videos on Facebook.
Now, it’s 8:05. I plan my outfit and check the clock- it’s 8:17. Seriously where does time go in the morning? When you have somewhere to be it always goes by too quickly. I grab my towel and knock over all of shampoos (probably waking up my roomie) and hop into the shower. When I rush out of the bathroom- I quickly throw on my favorite little black dress, a jean jacket, and my favorite sandals (from Target) on.
I run downstairs quickly feed my cats- make myself a coffee, hairspray, clean up my mess from last night, and I’m out the door at 8:54. Besides being late, I’m already feeling stressed about the day, I have meetings, calls with my team, and a million things to do in between…
I spill my coffee.
That feeling is the worst. I’m already late world, thanks for making me even more late- and now I have hot coffee all over my leg and on my steering wheel and the day is ruined. We’ve all been there right?
Sometimes, I forget the big picture. No, My crazy morning will not ruin my day.
So what do I do to take back my day?
- Take a deep breath. I just stop and tell myself, “I’m already late what is one more minute?” Because seriously, the world will not stop if I show up a few minutes late.
- Put self motivation on! I’ll throw on a podcast by one of my favorite motivators! Rachel Hollis, Grant Cardone, Tony Robbins, are always ready to go on my Spotify.
- Tony always says, “Motion is created by EMOTION,” so what emotion will define your day?
- Listen to your favorite song in the car on repeat, way too loud for your commute or drive!
- Lastly, and most importantly, plan something fun later on in the day! (And if that is popping your favorite bottle of wine and eating ice cream for dinner you go girl!)
I’m not an expert at ‘adulting,’ you’ll always hear me admit! But I’ve found so many ways to take back my day after I’ve spilt my coffee.
What are your tips on making the most of your day?