November was my first official month of being a full time entrepreneur, and I started to work from home. Running my business full time has been a dream of mine for over 2 years and I still wake up double checking that I’m not late for work!
Network marketing has opened my eyes up to so much more than I ever thought would be possible. At 23 I am able to own my schedule 100%. I no longer have to clock in, I control my paycheck, and I am paying off debt left and right so I can save up to buy my own home. If you asked me 3 years ago what I would be doing as a college grad with a PR degree, I can tell you- I probably never would’ve said this! It’s truly amazing how opportunities fall into your lap and change your life for the better.
Having my business in the palm of my hand is such a blessing. If I want to sit and work at my desk I can, if I want to work in FL on a beach, well that’s an option too!
Last month was truly a learning experience for me (and trail and error) of making the best of my time at home. I’m taking those 30 days to make this month and the next, and the next even better! If you’re transitioning your life to become a full time entrepreneur- or you want to learn a little more about my day to day- here are 7 things I’ve learned working from home:
- Time flies when you own your time (and when you’re having fun!). It really does. I wake up before 9 every morning, and somehow the clock hits noon in what feels like an hour. It’s probably because I stop checking the time every 10 minutes to see if the workday is over. I’ve started to plan my days out- so I know how much time I should be devoting to my work/life balance!
- You need to be in charge go you! That project you wanted to get done? Yeah. You are the only person who knows about it- and the only person who is in charge of it. Don’t let your own deadlines pass because it will start to ruin the entire point of you working from home. I set myself alarms throughout the day, and write my goals everywhere. DON’T let yourself down!
- There will be days you don’t think you can do it- and days you feel like you are a badass. We all doubt ourselves. And even though I know I can do this and the opportunities that I have are now endless… it’s so easy to let self doubt slip in. I have been listening to so much self motivation, talking to mentors, and using the energy from all of my supporters to keep going. Most mornings, I wake up excited and so ready for all of the good things that are coming!
- No one cares about your dream as much as you do. One of my absolute favorite quotes from Rachel Hollis. To all the people who talk about my dreams behind my back- just watch me!
- You can put your health first. Girl, you have no reason to NOT go to the gym. You now have the time. You can meal prep, learn to cook, write in your journal, take a mental health break, go to the spa, take a bath. Some days I would come home after work, a networking happy hour, starting the day off at 7am with a TV segment and feel so uninspired- on top of being exhausted. After all of that, I I had to run my business. Even if that is still your schedule, give yourself an hour break to RELAX! At home, I always give myself some mid day time for me! Overworking yourself will not get you where you want to be.
- Watch your mentor. Who is the person you look up to the most? One of my mentors makes the most of her days. And will not go to sleep until her daily goals are met. She always works harder than anyone on her team, and dreams harder. Allow your day to be like their day. If they are doing well- mirror that. And if they aren’t, you need a new mentor!
- Go out and take on the world. We are given 86400 seconds in a day. I became an entrepreneur to take on every single second and make the most of it. To not be stuck at a job that didn’t fulfill me. To never miss the moments with my family and people I care about the most. (This I need to work on!)
I seriously can’t wait to look back at this blog in 6 months and tell you so much more. I know there will be more lessons learned and more successes coming.
No matter how supportive they are, no matter how much they love you, no matter what— nobody will EVER care about your dream as much as you do! This is YOUR goal and you’re the only one who can see it through. Stay focused, stay motivated, keep going! -Rachel Hollis #GirlWashYourFace